Unable to buy BO regional pass in BLS webshop

• seru
    Participant
    50 posts
    16 July 2022 at 18:15:50 #827785

Help! We are about to leave for Switzerland tomorrow and I have not been able to get the website to work to buy our Bernese Oberland Regional Passes. Did anyone else encounter this? I have tried a couple times on other days, figuring the system was just glitchy, but it has not worked for me. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I am able to fill in all the information, but then it just says error, not able to complete transaction. Website is below. If we are not able to buy the passes before leaving, where in Zurich or Lucern can we buy them? Will it be the same rate as online? I noticed other sellers online have it at a higher price. Thank you!

shop.bls.ch/en/railway/abo/offer/?productId=1063

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2022 at 0:48:05 #944368

The BO pass web site says this:

Buy ticket at the counter

In addition to the digital options for obtaining the Regional-Pass Berner Oberland, you can also buy it at ticket offices in railway stations, boat stations and in most tourist offices as well as at Zurich and Geneva airport stations. In Europe, the Regional Pass is available at most Swiss Travel System sales points.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 July 2022 at 9:46:54 #944369

Hi seru!

I don’t know why the BLS webshop doesn’t work. Maybe it’s a problem with your credit card?

The webshops we recommend to get your Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland are listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/regionalpassberneseoberland/price. In your case, the quickest option would be https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/en/product/regionalBerneseOberlandPass. Details:

• Prices are similar to what you’d pay if you get your pass in Switzerland and similar to the BLS webshop.
    • You can select tomorrow (or dates after that) as your start date.
    • The pass will be sent by e-mail within minutes. You’ll get a PDF that you can store and show on your phone (and/or print if you like).
    • This webshop seldomly has credit card/transaction issues.

You can get your pass in Switzerland too, if that’s what you prefer. There are advantages to an online purchase though: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/wheretobuy.

seru
    Participant
    50 posts
    17 July 2022 at 10:45:42 #944370

Thanks for the replies! The website seems glitchy and I was initially logged into my account and had made profiles for all my family members. The main issue seemed to be I could not buy more than one ticket at a time, I could only buy one for myself and if I chose another family to buy a ticket for, it still showed up as myself. Anyway, after several trials, I decided to log out of the system and then I was able to buy the tickets for everyone as a guest. Hoping this helps someone in the future!

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 July 2022 at 11:00:09 #944371

Good to hear it worked out in the end seru!

• The thread ‘Unable to buy BO regional pass in BLS webshop’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.