Understanding the SBB webpage and information

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2019 at 13:24:06 #823451

Hi, I finally figured out how to use the site SBB. But now I have a question about the different stations that come up. For instance, there are a few that come up for Zurich. I want to leave from airport. Then when I put Wengen in, it comes up with “Wengen, Wengen Wengiboden, or Mannlichen (Luftseib Wengen).”

Then after you pick one, it shows this for different trains, “Direction Geneve Aeroport, or Direction Brig”. How do you know what to pick?

I’m working on trying to figure out if the Half Fare or Swiss Travel card is best.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2019 at 14:07:18 #920332

Hello Happybeetle8,

Yes, understanding the timetable information is quite essential to feel comfortable when travelling, I totally agree.

Zurich Airport or Zurich Flughafen (airport in German) will be the stop to look for when starting your journey.

Normally, if you’re travelling from the regular train station of a place, e.g. Wengen, then you only need to look for “Wengen” alone, no add-ons. So e.g. Zurich Airport – Wengen
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

I don’t really understand what you mean by the trains in “different directions”, any chance you can upload a screenshot (max. 1 MB) for me to see..?!

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2019 at 14:54:40 #920333

Here s a screen shot with the different selections

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2019 at 15:24:01 #920334

Now I get it! Thx.

This is simply the direction of the first train you’ll be boarding.
    You can simply choose the connection which fits your timings best! There are sometimes different routes connecting two places, that’s why you have different train names there.

The small dots on the line symbolise the changing places, you can click the entire connection to see where you’ll have to change.

Does that help?!

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Understanding the SBB webpage and information’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.