Oct 26, 2016 - 7:40 AM
I am astounded at what a wonderful site this is! So informative and helpful.Thank you This is my first post.
Would the Swiss pass be worth our while considering the train travel we will be doing? I think so but you are the one to ask! Which Swiss pass days would be best as there are some promotions on in Australia at the moment
- I am travelling with my son to Switzerland from 12 - 18th December. 7 days total.The following plans are not set in stone as there is so much to see in Switzerland!Quite Happy if you can suggest a better route but have flexible reservations on hotels at moment. I have become a little overwhelmed with it all and seriously need some help.
- Initial plans are:Dec 12 Arrive Zurich -train to Lucerne and catch the Golden pass line same day to either Interlaken (stay one night ) or straight through to Montreaux and stay (2 nights as want to see Xmas markets! ) Thought Perhaps train back to Interlaken one of the days to go up to the Jungfrau? What doyou think is best? Not sure whether to do both interlaken and Montreaux as overnighters or just stay 2 nights in Montreaux as it looks such a beautful place with more to do?
- From Montreaux catch train (which?) to Zermatt (stay one night )
- Depart Zermatt on Glacier express on 15th December to St Moritz Stayin St moritz
- Are winter tickets now out to buy Glacier Express.
- Then what would be the best way to get back to Zurich as I fly out to Paris on 18th I have not booked a flight out of Switzerland yet so it does not have to be Zurich if there are easier or more beautiful ways to leave this lovely place.
- look forward to your replies. Thank you