Train trip – Lugano to Zermatt/Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2018 at 21:29:35 #814091

Hi.

Greetings from Sydney Australia.

I have just created an account, but when I log in to update my name and address, the system won’t allow me. Can anyone assist.

Also planning another rail trip through Switzerland in Early October 18 with my Swiss Rail Flex Pass. In particular a train trip from Lugano to either Zermatt and/or Interlaken, via Lucarno and Domodossola. Has anyone taken this trip, and whats you thoughts? Looks interesting.

Aidan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 January 2018 at 22:19:00 #874706

Hello Aiden and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

The system won’t allow you to change your username. Only your nickname and email. Hit the Edit Account button top left in the My Account page. Don’t include any line breaks in About Me.

Centovalli Express from Locarno to Domodossola is a very nice scenic trip.

This guy liked it jerrygarrett.wordpress .com/2013/03/15/switze rlands-eight-greatest-train-rides/.

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 January 2018 at 7:26:49 #874707

Hi Aidan,

Rockoyster explained correctly regarding your account. If you have any problems with other fields though, please let me know. You should be able to change first/last name, your address, nickname, etc. after clicking edit. Don’t forget to save your changes. I just tried and it works for me. If it does not for you, please post more details here, or e-mail us.

Yes, it’s a good route, and if you’re going to Interlaken you can even add more scenery by traveling on the local train from Brig via Kandersteg to Spiez.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 January 2018 at 9:14:04 #874708

Thank-you for your reply.

Yes, I’ll look at your suggestion of the train trip from Brig via Kanderstag to Spiez.

We are visiting Hong Kong in late Sept 18 to see our friends. Will then use Hong Kong as the springboard to Europe. As Cathay Pacific flies directly to Milan, this may be the way to enter Switzerland. But firstly, Yvonne wishes to visit and see Venice. Venice to Lugano for 2 days for 2 days and then use the Swiss Flexi pass.

Again, thank-you for your reply

Aidan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2018 at 3:13:27 #874709

Hi Aidan,

>> In particular a train trip from Lugano to either Zermatt and/or Interlaken, via Lucarno and Domodossola. Has anyone taken this trip, and whats you thoughts? Looks interesting.

I’ve done a similar trip in reverse, from Saas-Fee (next valley across from Zermatt) to Locarno. If you are interested, you can read my trip report (with photos) under the heading Saas-Fee to Locarno in my post of Nov 3, 2016 – 1:36 PM on the following page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-late-august-to-mid-october-2016

I have travelled on the Centovalli Railway twice, and enjoyed it very much.

Between Domodossola and Brig you have the option of a PostBus over the Simplon Pass, or a train underneath it. I highly recommend the PostBus trip if you can find a departure time that suits you.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Train trip – Lugano to Zermatt/Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.