Updated Covid travel info, Switzerland to Italy

• Lastlook
    Participant
    183 posts
    5 May 2022 at 21:22:57 #827098

Where can I find the most accurate and up to date information on the rules for US citizens traveling from Switzerland through/connecting in Italy, while on the Bernina Express and the Centovalli rail trip? I’ve taken these trips previous to Covid, but am now trying to find current information on what the Italian authorities require other than proof of vaccination. Specifically wondering about connecting in Domodossola and Tirano?

Many thanks for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    6 May 2022 at 9:29:33 #941507

Hi Lastlook,

You can find information about the latest Coronovirus restrictions on international rail travel here: http://www.sbb.ch/en/leisure-holidays/destinations/destinations-europe/corona-international-rail-travel.html

Also, you could contact the US Embassy in Italy for specific information regarding entry requirements to Italy for US citizens.

For information about the Bernina Express and Centovalli Railway, please use the following links:

Regards,

Anna

Lastlook
    Participant
    183 posts
    6 May 2022 at 19:38:52 #941508

Thank you very much for your reply. It appears to me that all we’ll need is our proof of vaccination cards showing all of the required details.

Jamnasir
    Participant
    1 post
    6 May 2022 at 21:16:51 #941509

Please advise and help traveling from Bologna to Swiss Alps which train shall I take from Bologna to Switzerland specially to Swiss alps and how much cost with hotel booking in switzerland please advise all the detail

Nasir Alliani

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 May 2022 at 5:46:02 #941510

Hi Nasir,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You’d better post your question in a new thread: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/miscellaneous.

Please do not post your e-mail address (see our rules). I removed it.

Thanks!

• The thread ‘Updated Covid travel info, Switzerland to Italy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.