Upgrade Swiss Travel Pass to 1st class Glacier Exp

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2018 at 19:42:04 #815119

First I’d like to complement all those supporting this blog. It has been immensely helpful in planning our trip. Thanks to all of you for your time and effort.

We will be traveling using the STP / 2nd class travel. On July 7th we will travel on the Glacier Express from Zermatt to Chur. We would like to travel 1st class for that portion of the trip. I have the been on the site but have not seen a way to upgrade the STP from 2nd to 1st for that sector of the trip. I have been reviewed how to make 1st class seat reservations.

Please advise as to the process and cost for upgrading the STP from 2nd to 1st for that sector only.

Best regards,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 April 2018 at 22:15:50 #880802

You can buy a Class upgrade at Zermatt Station or any other station or here goo.gl/qNoS7h.

If you buy on line you need to nominate Half-fare Card reduction to get correct price. Upgrade will cost half the difference between 1st and 2nd class full-fares.

pvonk
    Participant
    378 posts
    4 April 2018 at 13:08:13 #880803

Can I buy an upgrade on the train itself or is it preferable to buy the upgrade at the station?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2018 at 13:16:36 #880804

No, you’ll want to buy the upgrade at the station. If you are in first class without a first class ticket you will get a fine!

• The thread ‘Upgrade Swiss Travel Pass to 1st class Glacier Exp’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.