Upgrade Swiss Travel Pass to 1st class Glacier Exp

Upgrade Swiss Travel Pass to 1st class Glacier Exp

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 3, 2018 - 7:42 PM

First I'd like to complement all those supporting this blog. It has been immensely helpful in planning our trip. Thanks to all of you for your time and effort.

We will be traveling using the STP / 2nd class travel. On July 7th we will travel on the Glacier Express from Zermatt to Chur. We would like to travel 1st class for that portion of the trip. I have the been on the site but have not seen a way to upgrade the STP from 2nd to 1st for that sector of the trip. I have been reviewed how to make 1st class seat reservations.

Please advise as to the process and cost for upgrading the STP from 2nd to 1st for that sector only.

Best regards,

Last modified on Apr 5, 2018 - 7:39 AM by Arno
rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
Apr 3, 2018 - 10:15 PM in reply to Removed user

You can buy a Class upgrade at Zermatt Station or any other station or here goo.gl/qNoS7h.

If you buy on line you need to nominate Half-fare Card reduction to get correct price. Upgrade will cost half the difference between 1st and 2nd class full-fares.

pvonk
pvonk
57 posts
Apr 4, 2018 - 1:08 PM in reply to rockoyster

Can I buy an upgrade on the train itself or is it preferable to buy the upgrade at the station?

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Apr 4, 2018 - 1:16 PM in reply to pvonk

No, you'll want to buy the upgrade at the station. If you are in first class without a first class ticket you will get a fine!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018