ID required to book TravelersWifi?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jul 5, 2018 - 9:24 PM

Hi, in process of booking travelers global WiFi and they want copy of my drivers license or passport to verify my identity. Is this normal and needed? Just concerned about possible identity theft.

Arno
Arno
11354 posts
expert &
Jul 6, 2018 - 4:58 AM

Hi Eurodani,

I'm not sure if it's required by law but it is quite common to identify yourself if purchasing communication services in Europe. Click Terms & Services in the bottom of https://www.travelersw ifi.com to read that this is part of the process. Most if not all shops selling SIM cards will also ask to see you ID. This is a trusted company, I know them pretty much since they started. You should indeed be careful sharing your passport, I don't like it myself either, but I wouldn't worry in this case.

Have a good trip!

Last modified on Jul 6, 2018 - 5:00 AM by Arno
Denandshazza
Denandshazza
21 posts
Jul 6, 2018 - 5:01 AM in reply to Removed user

Hi

Are you from UK and do you have roaming on your phone contract? I did not have WI fi but as I had roaming in Switzerland included in my deal I was able to connect to Swisscom which was amazing. I always had coverage wherever I was even deep in the Gotthard Tunnel or 3000 metres up a mountain therefore wifi was not needed.

Helene
Helene
25 posts
Jul 6, 2018 - 5:47 AM in reply to Arno

I was wary about sending my passport and sent my (Canadian) drivers license

ive been using it for 2 weeks and it’s fantastic!

fyi It didn’t work for the one day I was in Italy during the Bernina express-it took me awhile to realize it wouldn’t work there!

helene

Last modified on Jul 6, 2018 - 5:50 AM by Helene

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018