Urgent help rail passes Paris, Switzerland, London

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 20:31:27 #816476

Hi Friends, Need some advise on the train passes suitable for my itinerary. My itinerary is as follows :

Jun 22nd = Zurich airport to Zermatt by Train

June 23rd & 24th = In Zermatt. Will buy excursion tickets to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, Gornegrat and Sunnega

June 25th = Zermatt to Grindelwald by train

June 26th thru 28th = Will take trips to First mountain, Mannlichen, Lauterbrunnen waterfalls, Wengen / Murren and either Jungfrau or Mt Schilthorn mountain excursion.

June 29th = Grindelwald to Paris (Via Basel)

July 4th = Paris to London with the Eurostar.

Now I seem to have two options as below :

Option A) : Buying the Eurorail 2 or 3 country pass that would cover Paris to London Train with the Eurostar. I am not sure if I need to buy the 5 day 3 country euro rail pass or the 4 day 2 country eurorail pass would allow it as well. On the website it mentions that we need a 3 country eurorail select pass to get be able to reserve on the Eurostar train. Any insight on this ?

The Eurorail would also cover my travel from Zurich to Zermatt, and Interlaken to Paris. Grindelwald does not seem to be included ?? In this option I could then perhaps get the 3 or 4 day Jungfrau pass and could also get the Half Fare Card for each adult so we could get the Matterhorn/Gornegrat and other tickets also at half price. And perhaps the Junior card at chf30

Option B): I would have to buy the Basel to Paris and Paris to London seperately while there is not much difference in the ticket prices but only with the eurorail, I would incur additional reservation costs. And then I could either buy the Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days. Or I could get a Swiss Travel pass in combination with a Jungfrau Travel Pass. For the kids, the family card.

Can I have some suggestions between the two. If I were to go with option B, do you think i should get a Swiss Travel pass or a swiss travel pass in combination with a Jungfrau travel pass. Will the Jungfrau travel pass give me more savings while I do my excursions from Grindelwald and would it include Mt. Schilthorn for free as the STP.

Look forward for your insights. Thank you, Avish

• The thread ‘Urgent help rail passes Paris, Switzerland, London’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.