Urgent help – train to Grindelwald from Bern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 19:58:53 #817108

Hi

This is quite an urgent query. Please help me in resolving it:

I will be coming to Bern train station tomorrow (via EuroCity52) @ 14:24. I need to go to Grindelwald thereafter.

Q1 Could you please help me which is the earliest train I can get to reach there.

Q2 Does it come on the same station or different one?

Q3 I do have swiss pass. Do I need to pay extra or book in advance?

Please revert ASAP. Thanks

Pradeep kapoor

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    5 July 2018 at 20:58:02 #890349

Hi Pradeep,

There are plenty of trains from the same station in Bern. You’ll find all schedules in the timetable: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. You do not need to book anything as you have a Swiss Travel Pass.

Isn’t that Eurocity continuing on to Milan or so? If so it stops in Spiez too, so you could change there instead of Bern. It’s a smaller station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 23:03:00 #890350

Thanks Arno for the help.

Eurocity does stop at Spiez. I just hope it is shorter and safer to to change the trai. For Grindelwald from Spiez instead of Bern.

Xoyld you confirm if time table of train is as frequent there as well ( train available after half an hour ?)

regards

pradeep

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2018 at 6:49:28 #890351

Hi Pradeep,

You can check the schedules from Spiez on the timetable from Arno. Seem to run every 30 minutes to Grindelwald.

• The thread ‘Urgent help – train to Grindelwald from Bern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.