Half Fare travel card how to buy tickets?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Yousi66
Yousi66
3 posts
Mar 15, 2019 - 2:02 AM

I wanted to inquire if I had to make all my train tickets purchases within Switzerland online and I want to use the half travel pass(purchased online), how do i use it? Do I have to enter the half travel card promotional code somewhere at the time of purchase? My trip duration to Swiss is from June 16- June 23 Please guide me

rockoyster
rockoyster
5007 posts
expert
Mar 15, 2019 - 5:00 AM in reply to Yousi66

Hello Yousi66 and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

You don't need to do anything special other than simply purchase a half-fare ticket. Your Swiss Half-fare Card only comes into play when the conductor on the trains checks your ticket he will want to see your SHFC to confirm that you are eligible to travel using a half-fare ticket. See www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/howtou se.

Maria
Maria
394 posts
top member &
Mar 15, 2019 - 8:11 AM

Hi Yousi66 and welcome again to MySwissAlps!

Indeed, the half fare card acts as a proof that you are eligible for the half fare tariff, so you are just required to present it with your ticket, all information on the link from Rockoyster.

Happy travels!

Maria.

Yousi66
Yousi66
3 posts
Mar 15, 2019 - 9:56 AM in reply to rockoyster

Danke, Merci, Grazie & Thank you!

Yousi66
Yousi66
3 posts
Mar 15, 2019 - 9:57 AM in reply to Maria

Danke, Merci, Grazie & Thank you!

1960man
1960man
1321 posts
top member
Mar 16, 2019 - 2:09 AM

You can also simply turn up at a station and choose the '1/2' option on the automatic ticket machines

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019