Validating Tell Pass and Saver Day Pass

• MS320
    Participant
    60 posts
    15 December 2018 at 20:50:56 #819197

Hello,

I’m using the Tell Pass and also the Saver Day Pass on my travel to Switzerland. I’m also planning to use them on some urban public transportation (trams and buses) in cities such as Zürich, Lucerne, Basel and Bern. But on some of the cities, the trams and buses, and even the urban trains, have validators on board. Do I need to validate the Tell Pass and the Saver Day Pass, or can I just hop on with them and show them if asked to? Is there any need of exchanging the tickets?

Thank you very much in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 December 2018 at 0:08:45 #900443

Most Swiss city and regional transport is on an honesty system.

If you have a valid ‘pass’ of any sort you don’t have to put it in any machines. Just having it on your person is required. Spot checks take place occasionally and if you are caught without a ticket there is a hefty fine.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 December 2018 at 8:32:18 #900444

Hi Miguel,

You can also find how to use your rail pass on our information pages for that pass. As below in your case:

Just as 1960man notes, just have the rail pass on you and show it when asked.

MS320
    Participant
    60 posts
    16 December 2018 at 9:36:23 #900445

Ok. I hadn’t checked your web page before… but thanks a lot, 1960man and Lucas.

• The thread ‘Validating Tell Pass and Saver Day Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.