Using the Berner Oberland Regional Pass

Using the Berner Oberland Regional Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
emilym
emilym
3 posts
May 5, 2018 - 7:33 PM

I am flying into Basel. From there, I will take the bus to the train station and then the train to Muerren (i.e. to Interlaken Ost, Lauterbrunnen, and then Muerren). I believe this train route passes through Bern?

I will have the Berner Oberland Regional Pass which is valid from Bern on. My question is, do I just purchase a ticket from Basel to Bern, get on a train that is bound for Interlaken Ost, and then when we reach Bern, the BORP kicks in? Do I have to get off the train in Bern? Or, do I just show my purchased ticket in Basel, and then whip out the BORP in Bern when asked for my ticket?

Thanks so much for your help.

E

rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
May 5, 2018 - 9:20 PM in reply to emilym

Hello E,

You need a ticket from Basel Euroairport to Bern. Some trains go Basel SBB to Interlaken direct some change at Spiez. Unlikely you would need to change at Bern. Just show your ticket/BO Pass to inspector on train when asked. You don’t need to show anything to board.

Lucas
Lucas
8935 posts
expert &
May 6, 2018 - 1:43 AM in reply to emilym

Hi emilym,

You can use the timetable to plan the trip from Basel EuroAirport to Murren and then see where the train travels and where on the trip the Regional Pass - Bernese Oberland kicks in (which would be Bern 99 times out of 100. :) So after Bern show the rail pass when asked and before Bern show the ticket.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018