Using the Interrail Global Pass in Montreux

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2017 at 10:23:41 #810870

Hi Folks

After much debate I have decided to purchase a Interrail global Pass as the cost of this covered my trip from the Uk to my first base Montreux . However I am no debating buying a Swiss Travel Pass whilst in Montreux for 3 days and would like some clarifiaction on the following.

1. Wish to visit Rochers De Naye taking the cograilway – What is best to use this day and how much would it be

Two options – use our Interrail Global Pass – how much would this be for single up as would like to hike down or at least part of the way

2. The hotel issues us with a Riveria Card – would it be best to use this and save the interrail pass for the big train journeys. – how much would it be with this

Many thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2017 at 17:44:23 #859246

Hi Twiggy321,

You can find standard fares and schedules here.

1. The Swiss Travel Card covers 50% of the train from Haut-de-Caux to Rochers-de-Naye (to Haut-de-Caux is free). This is the same with the Swiss Half-Fare card. (click on the links to see what areas they cover).
    2. The Riviera Card also provides 50% off this route.

As the Riviera Card is provided to you I would use this instead of the other cards on that day.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2017 at 18:06:23 #859247

Thanks Lucas

• The thread ‘Using the Interrail Global Pass in Montreux’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.