Using the Interrail Global Pass in Montreux

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
twiggy321
twiggy321
90 posts
Feb 22, 2017 - 10:23 AM

Hi Folks

After much debate I have decided to purchase a Interrail global Pass as the cost of this covered my trip from the Uk to my first base Montreux . However I am no debating buying a Swiss Travel Pass whilst in Montreux for 3 days and would like some clarifiaction on the following.

1. Wish to visit Rochers De Naye taking the cograilway - What is best to use this day and how much would it be

Two options - use our Interrail Global Pass - how much would this be for single up as would like to hike down or at least part of the way

2. The hotel issues us with a Riveria Card - would it be best to use this and save the interrail pass for the big train journeys. - how much would it be with this

Many thanks in advance

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Feb 22, 2017 - 5:44 PM in reply to twiggy321

Hi Twiggy321,

You can find standard fares and schedules here.

1. The Swiss Travel Card covers 50% of the train from Haut-de-Caux to Rochers-de-Naye (to Haut-de-Caux is free). This is the same with the Swiss Half-Fare card. (click on the links to see what areas they cover).
  2. The Riviera Card also provides 50% off this route.

As the Riviera Card is provided to you I would use this instead of the other cards on that day.

Lucas

Last modified on Feb 23, 2017 - 10:21 AM by Arno
twiggy321
twiggy321
90 posts
Feb 22, 2017 - 6:06 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019