Just jump on board with Jungfrau Travel Pass?

• pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    7 August 2019 at 23:21:27 #823302

Quick question on using it. Does it work line the STP and I just jump on the Train or Tram or do I need to still get a ticket after showing the pass?

Thanks

16 days! 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 August 2019 at 3:10:19 #919616

Short answer – yes. You won’t find too many trams in the area (unless you mean cable cars in which case you generally need to show your pass to get a ticket). Buses in Interlaken are not covered. Nor trains unless you have a pass for 5 days or more.

See http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrautravelpass/howto use and http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrautravelpass/valid ity.

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    8 August 2019 at 15:26:47 #919617

Thanks Rock!

We’ll be staying in Wengen.. so yes Cable cars and train up and down to Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald. and speaking of buses… are those covered in Lauterbrunnen? I did notice it says “Bus from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg: no discount.” Are there other buses that you do get a discount or that are free?

Thanks!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 August 2019 at 21:45:28 #919618

Lauterbrunnen is small. You could walk from one end to the other in 10 minutes at most.

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    8 August 2019 at 23:30:36 #919619

Thanks!

• The thread ‘Just jump on board with Jungfrau Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.