Using Trenitalia and then Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
5wiseguys
5wiseguys
4 posts
Feb 24, 2017 - 10:58 PM

Please advise what station I use as an ending station in Italy on Trenitalia before transferring to Swiss Travel Pass use in Switzerland if I am travelling from Varenna Italy to Luzern Switzerland and if it would be the same station if travelling to Murren instead. Thank you

Arno
Arno
11366 posts
expert &
Feb 25, 2017 - 9:22 AM

Hi 5wiseguys,

There are various routes so you can best have a look at the timetable and the Swiss Travel Pass map. Everything included can be found on the map. One note though: the Italian leg of the bus from Menaggio to Lugano is not included. The yellow line on the map refers to the long distance Bernina Express bus from Tirano to Lugano, not to local buses.

To reach Mürren I'd recommend to travel via the scenic route Locarno - Domodossola, then in Brig take the local train via Kandersteg to Spiez. It takes time but you'll get a lot of scenery.

If you need train tickets for Italy you can find them here.

5wiseguys
5wiseguys
4 posts
Feb 25, 2017 - 12:33 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you. That map is exactly what I was looking for.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018