Using Trenitalia and then Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 February 2017 at 22:58:47 #810894

Please advise what station I use as an ending station in Italy on Trenitalia before transferring to Swiss Travel Pass use in Switzerland if I am travelling from Varenna Italy to Luzern Switzerland and if it would be the same station if travelling to Murren instead. Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 February 2017 at 9:22:49 #859328

Hi 5wiseguys,

There are various routes so you can best have a look at the timetable and the Swiss Travel Pass map. Everything included can be found on the map. One note though: the Italian leg of the bus from Menaggio to Lugano is not included. The yellow line on the map refers to the long distance Bernina Express bus from Tirano to Lugano, not to local buses.

To reach Mürren I’d recommend to travel via the scenic route Locarno – Domodossola, then in Brig take the local train via Kandersteg to Spiez. It takes time but you’ll get a lot of scenery.

If you need train tickets for Italy you can find them here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2017 at 12:33:59 #859329

Thank you. That map is exactly what I was looking for.

• The thread ‘Using Trenitalia and then Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.