V-Bahn: Grindelwald to Männlichen in summer 2019

• MS320
    Participant
    60 posts
    13 December 2018 at 10:36:45 #819174

Good morning,

I’m traveling to Switzerland next summer and I’m spending 3 days in the Jungfrau region, staying in Grindelwald. One of the hikes I’m planning to do is the hike between Männlichen and Kleine Scheidegg.

But I’ve heard that the gondola between Grindelwald Grund and Männlichen will be closed in 2019 because of construction works. What shall I do to get from Grindelwald to Männlichen? Is there any way of getting there without going via Wengen? And do you think it would be worth it to do the hike the opposite way, from Kleine Scheidegg to Männlichen?

Just to finish, is there any other cable car, gondola or train that will cease operations because of the V-Bahn project?

Thank you very much in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 December 2018 at 11:00:09 #900339

Hi Miguel,

You’ll find information about the V-Bahn project herre: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e. Indeed there will be no cableway or other transportation directly from Grindelwald to Männlichen next summer. Everything else will work as far as I know. You could train to Wengen and to take the cable car to Männlichen from there. Then walk to Kleine Scheidegg and take the train back to Grindelwald. That would be the best way to do this hike I think.

MS320
    Participant
    60 posts
    13 December 2018 at 14:11:01 #900340

Hi Arno. Thank you very much for your reply. I’ll du as you suggest, then. Have a good day!

• The thread ‘V-Bahn: Grindelwald to Männlichen in summer 2019’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.