Vacation rentals in Jungfrau region for Sept trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2020 at 11:46:10 #825226

Hi there. I am in the process of trying to plan a trip to Switzerland and Austria for 2 families (4 adults and 4 kids all under 9). I’m mostly looking for help in terms of “where to stay”. I know that we want to be in the Jungfrau Region and that Interlaken is a hub with tons of public transit. Also, i’m aware of the two major valleys of Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen. I personally want to stay in Wengen for a couple nights, but i’m having a really hard time finding a place that will accommodate the 8 of us, and not completely drain the budget (I know Switzerland is expensive). SO are we better off to stay in Interlaken and take day trip up and around the mountains? Also, any recommendations about Austria would be fantastic. We will be traveling near the end of September. What’s the weather like then? Is that shoulder season? Oh and one last thing, we will be traveling by train.

Thanks so much

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    15 February 2020 at 13:35:04 #930196

Hi Benwelldavid,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

From experience, I would say September can get quite busy in the Jungfrau region despite being at the tail end of summer. The Jungfrau Marathon is a big event in the region that takes place on 11-12 September this year so I reckon there would be a high demand for accommodation at this time as most participants and their supporters make plans to come early or stay a little longer.

My suggestion would be to time your arrival a few weeks earlier or a few weeks later, or secure your accommodation as soon as possible if you can.

If you are planning to travel to Austria from Switzerland, this link might be useful: http://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/austria

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2020 at 13:40:26 #930197

Thanks Anna.

We are planning on being in Switzerland at the end of Sept. maybe even into the first few days of Oct. I’ve found a place in Spiez and also one in Briez(sp?). Which one would you recommend and which one would have easier access to Grocery Stores and Interlaken??? Thank you very much.

Oh one more thing. What’s the weather typically like at end of sept-beginning of Oct??

Anna
    6274 posts
    15 February 2020 at 14:00:34 #930198

Hi again,

Spiez has a Migros and Coop for all your grocery needs. Spiez also has direct train connection to Interlaken West and Bern, so probably ideal if you are planning to do a lot of day trips and excursions outside of the region.

It was pretty warm this year in September in Wengen. I would recommend packing up a rain jacket and extra layers of warm clothings just in case.

http://www.myswissalps.com/weather

http://www.myswissalps.com/besttimetovisit

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Vacation rentals in Jungfrau region for Sept trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.