Validity of Swiss pass from Interlaken to Florence

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 October 2012 at 11:05:05 #805653

Dear All, I am travelling from Interlaken to Zurich via Domodossola on 15th Oct 2012. I have two questions :

1. Is my Swiss Pass valid till Domodossola and do I need reservation on the EC trains for the Swiss leg of the journey ?

2. I am proposing returning from Florence to Zurich HB on 18th Oct 2012 by EC 14 from Milan to Zurich . Do i buy a ticket for the entire sector or can I buy only for Italy leg and (till which station) and is the Swiss Pass valid for the rest of the journey in Switzerland ?

Thank you for a quick response , since I leave for Swtizerland in 3 days and have to book immediately and am a bit worried ?

Regards

Shalin

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    8 October 2012 at 14:44:23 #837325

Hello Shalin! Yes, your Swiss Pass will be valid up to Domodossola and, on your way from Italy to Switzerland, between Domodossola (or Chiasso, depending on your route) and Zurich. Please review the validity network map at the Swiss Pass page. You can just buy regular tickets for the Italian leg(s). Regular trains within Switzerland don’t require seat reservations; some international trains crossing the border to Italy do. Here‘s how to find out whether this applies to your trains.

Have a great stay in Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 October 2012 at 23:31:52 #837326

Dear Annika,
    Thank you so much for your reply. So I will buy the tickets for the Italian part of the journey and will continue in the same seats for the Swiss part on the basis of my Swiss Pass but without reservation on the way to Italy and back. Because the Train timetable of the EC trains does not show the R in rectangular box when showing the journey between Domodossola or chiasso and a swiss station.Please confirm.

Regards and Thanks
    Shalin

Annika
    7121 posts
    9 October 2012 at 12:44:40 #837327

Hi Shalin. Yes, you’ve understood this correctly. If you indeed checked the ‘R’ icon for your specific train connection (not just any train running this route, as there are different ones with different reservation policies), you should be fine this way. Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 October 2012 at 2:09:26 #837328

Dear Annika,

Thank you for your reply,

rgds
    Shalin

• The thread ‘Validity of Swiss pass from Interlaken to Florence’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.