Validity of Swiss Travel Pass in Ticino region

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2017 at 22:23:39 #812633

Hello,

I am planning to visit Locarno and Bellinzona region in mid September and I will have a valid Swiss Travel Pass.

I plan to use the following cable car/ funicular / chairlift.

1) Funicular Locarno – Madonna del Sasso

2) Cable car and chairlift (Orselina – Cardada – Cimetta)

3) Cable car Monte Tamaro

4) Funivia Monte Carasso-Curzútt-Mornera for the Tibetan bridge “Carasc”

Please can I confirm if any of the 4 cable car/ funicular / chairlift is free with the Swiss Travel Pass ?

I have checked the map of the Swiss Travel Pass validity but wasn’t too clear.

I have emailed the tourist information center ([email protected]) but i have not had a reply. It has almost been a week. So i thought trying here instead.

I’m planning a solo 16 day trip through Switzerland. Starting from Geneva – Montreux – Bern – Kandersteg- Bettmeralp – Lauterbrunnen – Grindelwald – Brienz- Luzern – Zurich – Locarno. Will post my itinerary in due course, its almost complete. I personally think I have put down a lot to cover in the short time I have.

Thanks in advance and have a good weekend !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2017 at 3:16:25 #866897

Hi Ben,

>> Funicular Locarno – Madonna del Sasso

25% discount (CHF 5.40)

>> Cable car and chairlift (Orselina – Cardada – Cimetta)

50% discount

>> Cable car Monte Tamaro

50% discount (called Alpe Foppa on the Swiss Travel Pass validity map)

>> Funivia Monte Carasso-Curzútt-Mornera for the Tibetan bridge “Carasc”

Not covered by Swiss Travel Pass as far as I can tell, but if your hotel provides you with a Ticino Ticket, that will get you a discount, but only between the hours of 9:00 and 13:00 when staff are there to apply the discount. At other times, tickets are dispensed by vending machines and they don’t dispense discounted tickets. Rates are here:

http://www.mornera.ch/index.p hp?node=294&lng=6&rif=4e1 d85c7c3

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2017 at 15:59:11 #866898

Thanks for your reply and the information Alpenrose 666.

I managed to finalis my itinerary (phew) which i have attached and its action packed.

I didn’t factor in any ‘rest days’ or ‘bad weather days’ but the 1st 4 days will be quite ok , general sightseeing before the physical activity of hiking and via ferrata once i reach Kandersteg.

Will appreciate your feedback on the itinerary. It is posted in this new thread.

Cheers !

Ben

• The thread ‘Validity of Swiss Travel Pass in Ticino region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.