Validity of Swiss Travel Pass in Ticino region

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ben
ben
39 posts
Jul 14, 2017 - 10:23 PM

Hello,

I am planning to visit Locarno and Bellinzona region in mid September and I will have a valid Swiss Travel Pass.

I plan to use the following cable car/ funicular / chairlift.

1) Funicular Locarno - Madonna del Sasso

2) Cable car and chairlift (Orselina - Cardada - Cimetta)

3) Cable car Monte Tamaro

4) Funivia Monte Carasso-Curzútt-Mornera for the Tibetan bridge "Carasc"

Please can I confirm if any of the 4 cable car/ funicular / chairlift is free with the Swiss Travel Pass ?

I have checked the map of the Swiss Travel Pass validity but wasn't too clear.

I have emailed the tourist information center (bellinzona@bellinzonese-altoticino.ch) but i have not had a reply. It has almost been a week. So i thought trying here instead.

I'm planning a solo 16 day trip through Switzerland. Starting from Geneva - Montreux - Bern - Kandersteg- Bettmeralp - Lauterbrunnen - Grindelwald - Brienz- Luzern - Zurich - Locarno. Will post my itinerary in due course, its almost complete. I personally think I have put down a lot to cover in the short time I have.

Thanks in advance and have a good weekend !

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jul 15, 2017 - 3:16 AM in reply to ben

Hi Ben,

>> Funicular Locarno - Madonna del Sasso

25% discount (CHF 5.40)

>> Cable car and chairlift (Orselina - Cardada - Cimetta)

50% discount

>> Cable car Monte Tamaro

50% discount (called Alpe Foppa on the Swiss Travel Pass validity map)

>> Funivia Monte Carasso-Curzútt-Mornera for the Tibetan bridge "Carasc"

Not covered by Swiss Travel Pass as far as I can tell, but if your hotel provides you with a Ticino Ticket, that will get you a discount, but only between the hours of 9:00 and 13:00 when staff are there to apply the discount. At other times, tickets are dispensed by vending machines and they don't dispense discounted tickets. Rates are here:

www.mornera.ch/index.p hp?node=294&lng=6&rif=4e1 d85c7c3

Alpenrose

Last modified on Jul 15, 2017 - 6:54 AM by Arno
ben
ben
39 posts
Jul 22, 2017 - 3:59 PM

Thanks for your reply and the information Alpenrose 666.

I managed to finalis my itinerary (phew) which i have attached and its action packed.

I didn't factor in any 'rest days' or 'bad weather days' but the 1st 4 days will be quite ok , general sightseeing before the physical activity of hiking and via ferrata once i reach Kandersteg.

Will appreciate your feedback on the itinerary. It is posted in this new thread.

Cheers !

Ben

Please login to see the attached documents

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019