Validity of Swiss Travel Pass in Ticino region

Validity of Swiss Travel Pass in Ticino region

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
ben
ben
39 posts
Jul 14, 2017 - 10:23 PM

Hello,

I am planning to visit Locarno and Bellinzona region in mid September and I will have a valid Swiss Travel Pass.

I plan to use the following cable car/ funicular / chairlift.

1) Funicular Locarno - Madonna del Sasso

2) Cable car and chairlift (Orselina - Cardada - Cimetta)

3) Cable car Monte Tamaro

4) Funivia Monte Carasso-Curzútt-Mornera for the Tibetan bridge "Carasc"

Please can I confirm if any of the 4 cable car/ funicular / chairlift is free with the Swiss Travel Pass ?

I have checked the map of the Swiss Travel Pass validity but wasn't too clear.

I have emailed the tourist information center (bellinzona@bellinzonese-altoticino.ch) but i have not had a reply. It has almost been a week. So i thought trying here instead.

I'm planning a solo 16 day trip through Switzerland. Starting from Geneva - Montreux - Bern - Kandersteg- Bettmeralp - Lauterbrunnen - Grindelwald - Brienz- Luzern - Zurich - Locarno. Will post my itinerary in due course, its almost complete. I personally think I have put down a lot to cover in the short time I have.

Thanks in advance and have a good weekend !

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1186 posts
top member
Jul 15, 2017 - 3:16 AM in reply to ben

Hi Ben,

>> Funicular Locarno - Madonna del Sasso

25% discount (CHF 5.40)

>> Cable car and chairlift (Orselina - Cardada - Cimetta)

50% discount

>> Cable car Monte Tamaro

50% discount (called Alpe Foppa on the Swiss Travel Pass validity map)

>> Funivia Monte Carasso-Curzútt-Mornera for the Tibetan bridge "Carasc"

Not covered by Swiss Travel Pass as far as I can tell, but if your hotel provides you with a Ticino Ticket, that will get you a discount, but only between the hours of 9:00 and 13:00 when staff are there to apply the discount. At other times, tickets are dispensed by vending machines and they don't dispense discounted tickets. Rates are here:

www.mornera.ch/index.p hp?node=294&lng=6&rif=4e1 d85c7c3

Alpenrose

ben
ben
39 posts
Jul 22, 2017 - 3:59 PM

Thanks for your reply and the information Alpenrose 666.

I managed to finalis my itinerary (phew) which i have attached and its action packed.

I didn't factor in any 'rest days' or 'bad weather days' but the 1st 4 days will be quite ok , general sightseeing before the physical activity of hiking and via ferrata once i reach Kandersteg.

Will appreciate your feedback on the itinerary. It is posted in this new thread.

Cheers !

Ben

Please login to see the attached documents

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017