Venice to Interlaken with Swiss Travel Pass

Venice to Interlaken with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
leeweileang
leeweileang
4 posts
Jul 22, 2017 - 4:41 AM

hi all,

I am travelling from Venice (Venezia-Mestre train station) to Interlaken. (via Spiez).

I am buying Swiss Travel Pass. So in trenitalia website, i just buy ticket from Venezia-Mestre train station to Domodossola train station (via Milano Centrale) ?

When reach Domodossola train station, should i get off the train? if not, how my swiss travel pass validate?

Thanks a lot in advance.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3401 posts
expert
Jul 22, 2017 - 6:24 AM in reply to leeweileang

Hi leeweileang and welcome to MySwissAlps,

You can stay on the train. There is no need to validate your Swiss Travel Pass. You just need to present the pass to the inspector on the train. As long as you are travelling on a date which falls within the validity period of the pass then you are good to go.

Happy travels. 😇

Arno
Arno
10358 posts
expert &
Jul 22, 2017 - 6:44 AM

Indeed no validation required. Simply print your pass at home (vendors are listed here) and take it with you. Tickets to Domodossola can be purchased here (sometimes from the same website as the pass, depending on where you buy).

Enjoy your trip!

leeweileang
leeweileang
4 posts
Jul 23, 2017 - 1:43 PM

thanks a lot for the info!!

I will also going to Jungfraujoch on 15/Oct. How is the weather around that date? and does it require any reservation or i can book on the day i reach Interlaken?

thanks.

Lucas
Lucas
5646 posts
expert &
Jul 23, 2017 - 4:55 PM in reply to leeweileang

Hi Leeweileang,

I would expect it to be quite cold at the top of Jungfraujoch in mid-October (below 0) so dress/pack accordingly!

I would wait until you are in the area, maybe one day before you want to go before you buy tickets. If you are going up for the views, don't bother if it is cloudy!

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018