When to buy flights to Switzerland for June travel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 November 2018 at 1:21:49 #819061

We are travelling to switzerland at the end of june. Any tips on how far out i should buy my plane tickets to get the best rate

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 November 2018 at 8:44:55 #899730

Hi Swiss trip,

Flight tickets are very tricky as they practice revenue management and prices fluctuate often and depending on a variety of factors.

I’ve always heard Tuesdays are a good day to buy tickets and then also being flexible on departure and arrival dates help as well.

Have a look at our page for flying to Switzerland below for information on airports and a website to buy tickets at a good price. http://www.myswissalps.com/tr avel/toswitzerland/pla ne

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 November 2018 at 23:03:14 #899731

Where are you flying from? We regularly fly direct from Birmingham to Zurich (with Swiss) and as soon as we have our dates fixed I buy my tickets – as early as possible for best prices and as Lucas said Tuesday flights are often the cheapest.

Maggie

Loisb8
    Participant
    3 posts
    1 December 2018 at 15:53:38 #899732

Go to SkyScanner.net and put in your flight dates and sign up for them to send you alerts. You’ll get an email every time the price goes up or down. This will give you an idea of the price range and when they go low enough then you can buy!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 December 2018 at 19:53:32 #899733

Thank you great idea

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 December 2018 at 19:54:53 #899734

Flying out of boston. Everyones suggestion has been most helpful

Maloja_Snake
    Participant
    82 posts
    3 December 2018 at 20:17:15 #899735

Hi first post; amazing forum. I just returned from 10 days in the St Moritz area at the end of August doing a solo adventure. All I could think about was going back; so I shopped air tickets for 2 weeks and amazed by the variable prices. I just locked in 2 Swiss Air business class seats in and out of Zurich for a two week trip at just slightly over coach prices from June 13th. So I would start shopping airfare asap. The secret is shopping flexible days. I found Monday thru Wednesday offered the best deals.

I really wanted business class if possible because on my way back they randomly upgraded my seat class, and it was one of the most amazing experiences I’ve ever had and I’ve been flying for over 50 years.

Just to give you an idea of the deal, I live in New York, and non-stop to Zurich is typically around $800. each way and I paid $1100. each way for business class. The normal business fare is double to quadruple that.

You can start on Expedia and Kayak, but go to airlines own sites as well. That’s where I found my deals.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2018 at 2:38:31 #899736

Thank you for the great info. Hope to book firmly in next couple of weeks. Seems to be the concensus

jatinsmehta
    Participant
    114 posts
    4 December 2018 at 8:13:05 #899737

I did buy my Mumbai – Geneva – Mumbai tickets the 1st day it opened for sale & it turned out to be the cheapest till date. My date of travel is Aug 2019.

• The thread ‘When to buy flights to Switzerland for June travel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.