Worried about the weather in Switzerland in June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 4:23:17 #816453

Hello All,

I am beginning to become very worried about the weather in June. It seems that everywhere I will be going, there are thunderstorms or rain predicted all day long. I have listed my itinerary below. Is there any hope for us to be able to enjoy the beautiful mountain views with this kind of weather?

• June 9-10 : Lucerne
    • June 11: Bern
    • June 12: Montreux
    • June 13-15: Wengen/Jungfrau region
    • June 16-18: Zermatt
    • June 19: Zurich
  • Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 June 2018 at 6:39:48 #887438

Think positive and read http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/wheather-in-wengen.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 11:04:41 #887439

Yes think positive! 🙂 It won’t rain all day.

For example, The forecast on the 9th: Intervals of clouds and sunshine, a couple of showers and a thunderstorm; very warm.

Doesn’t sound too bad.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 11:24:24 #887440

I am just back from Switzerland and can vouch for the fact that any weather forecast longer than 24 hours may be strictly unreliable.So don’t loose heart.

I was in Switzerland in 3rd week of May and every single place I was scheduled to visit had Rain and thundershower predicted and I had gone with a heavy heart . But every single day I was there , I had near perfect weather – Jungfraujoch , Schilthorn , Gornegrat-matterhorn , Mt.Rigi. Even the 48 hr forecast proved unreliable.Only the 24 hr forecast is somewhat relaible.

But important to note is that chances of clear weather in the mornings is significantly higher even if Rain is predicted for the Day. Mostly the weather changes in the afternoon. I could see swirls of clouds developing on my way down from both Jungfraujoch and Zermatt.

• The thread ‘Worried about the weather in Switzerland in June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.