Vineyards Rhone valley

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2010 at 8:45:19 #803802

Hi, after my golden pass train trip I’m planning to stay in Montreux for a while and I’m looking for hiking routes crossing vineyards. There seem to be lots of them in the Rhone valley, can you give me some tips? Thx.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2010 at 4:43:01 #831185

Hi Bolero, I know that there are beautiful terrace vineyards around Lavaux, pretty close to Montreux. There are lots of hiking trails and you can visit whine cellars and restaurants. You could take a look here for more info.

Bye, Jules

Annika
    7103 posts
    1 May 2010 at 5:53:52 #831186

Hello Bolero, if you’re interested in vineyards you should definitely try to visit the hamlet of Visperterminen. It’s situated at a very sunny hill between the entrances of the Matter and Saas valleys, on the southern side of the Rhone valley. Visperterminen has an international reputation for being Europe’s highest mountain vineyard. Just as in Lavaux you can visit cellars; there’s a guided wine theme trail of about 4 hours as well.

As there are many vineyards in the Rhone valley, there’s a website dedicated to this; you’ll find more tips and trails there. Enjoy!

• The thread ‘Vineyards Rhone valley’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.