Golden Pass VIP seating too hot on sunny days?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 5, 2017 - 7:09 PM

Hello,

My wife and I are thinking about reserving VIP seating on the Golden Pass Line in July. We have heard that this part of the train is not air conditioned and the cabin may heat up uncomfortably on a sunny day. Is this anything we should be concerned about? If so what precautions do passengers take to stay comfortable? Also are backpacks / luggage stored in the VIP cabin or elsewhere?

Thanks so much,

Dean

Brahms
Brahms
320 posts
top member
Apr 6, 2017 - 11:41 AM

The VIP panoramic seats are only available on certain trains on the route Zweissimen <> Montreux, not on Luzern to Interlaken and also not on Interlaken to Zweissimen. On the Golden Pass website, these are the ones where the locomotive is shown in the middle of the train, not at the front or back.

The VIP seats are the ones at the very front of the front carriage (numbers 81-87).

I think it not so hot in this very modern trains. You can bring some water with you to drink.

Luggage can stored in the train, also near the VIP seats.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 6, 2017 - 3:31 PM

Dear Brahms

Thank you so much for your helpful information.

Dean

Arno
Arno
11373 posts
expert &
Apr 6, 2017 - 3:43 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps Dean!

You might be right that there's no airco in these trains, but I am not sure. There is between Luzern and Interlaken. I haven't heard of temperature issues yet. The section with the VIP seats is less than 2 hours, and you can move around in the train if needed. I'd take a cool drink and sunglasses and go for it. If you have a huge amount of luggage you may need to place it elsewhere in the carriage, so a lock might be a good idea.

Have fun!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018