Golden Pass VIP seating too hot on sunny days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2017 at 19:09:09 #811289

Hello,

My wife and I are thinking about reserving VIP seating on the Golden Pass Line in July. We have heard that this part of the train is not air conditioned and the cabin may heat up uncomfortably on a sunny day. Is this anything we should be concerned about? If so what precautions do passengers take to stay comfortable? Also are backpacks / luggage stored in the VIP cabin or elsewhere?

Thanks so much,

Dean

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2017 at 11:41:53 #861059

The VIP panoramic seats are only available on certain trains on the route Zweissimen <> Montreux, not on Luzern to Interlaken and also not on Interlaken to Zweissimen. On the Golden Pass website, these are the ones where the locomotive is shown in the middle of the train, not at the front or back.

The VIP seats are the ones at the very front of the front carriage (numbers 81-87).

I think it not so hot in this very modern trains. You can bring some water with you to drink.

Luggage can stored in the train, also near the VIP seats.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2017 at 15:31:29 #861060

Dear Brahms

Thank you so much for your helpful information.

Dean

Arno
    15478 posts
    6 April 2017 at 15:43:57 #861061

Welcome to MySwissAlps Dean!

You might be right that there’s no airco in these trains, but I am not sure. There is between Luzern and Interlaken. I haven’t heard of temperature issues yet. The section with the VIP seats is less than 2 hours, and you can move around in the train if needed. I’d take a cool drink and sunglasses and go for it. If you have a huge amount of luggage you may need to place it elsewhere in the carriage, so a lock might be a good idea.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Golden Pass VIP seating too hot on sunny days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.