VIP seats for Lucerne-Interlaken Panaromic train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2017 at 2:18:57 #811468

My family plan to take the the panaromic express from Lucern to Interlaken. As we have eight persons , we want to reserve seats in the website. What are the VIP seats? Does this cause extra cost? Any reservation fee required?

thank you for your assistance and reply

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2017 at 5:50:51 #861840

Hi Laisofun8,

The VIP seats are at the very front of the train, facing straight out the front. They are in 1st class so you must have a 1st class pass or ticket (or upgrade the pass for that trip). Reservations are optional but there aren’t many VIP seats so you should try and reserve them I think.

Reservation information can be found here.

Lucas

Annika
    7124 posts
    20 April 2017 at 9:39:22 #861841

Hi Laisofun,

Please note that reserving seats isn’t necessary for the leg Lucerne-Interlaken. But I understand you want to arrange for them since you’re traveling in a group. VIP seats are not available for this leg. They’re only available in some trains on the Zweisimmen-Montreux section. Please see myswissalps.com/golden pass, under “The train”.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2017 at 11:20:44 #861842

Thank you Lucas and Annika . The information really helps us to refine our trip.

Regards

LAI SO FUN

• The thread ‘VIP seats for Lucerne-Interlaken Panaromic train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.