VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass

• jesse
    Participant
    5 posts
    15 November 2017 at 23:44:04 #813679

Hi

RE: Panoramic with VIP seats Train#2119 From Zweisimmen (12:25PM) to Montreux (2:13PM)

After I booked the VIP ticket online, do I still need to pick up any physical VIP tickets at Zweisimmen station before on board train #2119 ?

Thanks for the help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 November 2017 at 1:28:23 #872025

Hi jesse,

>> After I booked the VIP ticket online, do I still need to pick up any physical VIP tickets at Zweisimmen station before on board train #2119 ?

That will just be a reservation. They will email the reservation to you, and you need to print it out and take it with you.

If you don’t also have a pass, such as the Swiss Travel Pass, Eurail Pass, InterRail Pass etc, you will also need to buy a ticket. You can buy your ticket online in the SBB Ticket Shop, or buy it at any railway station in Switzerland once you get there. You will need a first-class pass, or a first-class ticket to use with your VIP seat reservation. If you have a pass, but it is for second-class, you can buy an upgrade to first class just for the sector Zweisimmen to Montreux. It will cost you half the difference between the normal first- and second-class fares, and you can buy it online or at a railway station in Switzerland

http://www.sbb.ch/ticketshop/ b2c/sprache.do?en

Now that you have a reservation, it doesn’t matter when you buy your ticket, as they don’t sell out. You must have it before boarding the train though.

Alpenrose

jesse
    Participant
    5 posts
    16 November 2017 at 7:28:32 #872026

Hi,

Yes, I do have First Class Swiss Travel Pass

So, I just go direct on board the train in Zweisimmen with my VIP Seats email reservation & First Class Swiss Travel Pass?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 November 2017 at 7:32:45 #872027

Yup, that’s it!

You will need to show a train employee the ticket and reservation when asked.
    That is all you need to do when boarding any train with the Swiss Travel Pass (usually you don’t need the extra reservation).

• The thread ‘VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.