Booking VIP seats on Golden Pass train

Booking VIP seats on Golden Pass train

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Balli
Balli
7 posts
Jun 25, 2018 - 1:02 AM

I have learned so much from this forum and was able to put together an itinerary for our first time swiss travel. My sincere thanks to this forum.

Our family is traveling on July 12th from Paris and arriving in Geneva at 10:30am by train. We are then going to Interlaken via Montreux that same day. While we are there, we wanted to do the panoramic broadwalk in Montreux and see the Chillon castle. I understand the MOB train leaves Montreux at 15:44 that we could reserve VIP seats with our first class STP. Do we have enough time to catch this train or does the next train have the same VIP seats in the front of the train? We are debating between seeing the castle or hurry to catch the 15:44 train.

Also, any suggestions for lunch. We only eat chicken and my daughter is a vegetarian.

Appreciate any advice we can get.

Balli.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3918 posts
expert
Jun 25, 2018 - 3:45 AM in reply to Balli

Hello Balli and Welcome to MySwissAlps

The next MOB train after the 15:44 is at 17:53 does not have VIP seats.

You can make reservations including seat selection at bit.ly/2kaq6Rf. Just change the class of travel, date of travel and start/end points to suit. And click the "e" for English language top right of the page. (where it says "Sprachwahl: d i f e").

Balli
Balli
7 posts
Jun 25, 2018 - 9:09 PM in reply to rockoyster

How are the regular first class seats compared to the VIP seats? Will we still have good views?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3918 posts
expert
Jun 25, 2018 - 9:19 PM in reply to Balli

Sure.

Lucas
Lucas
8881 posts
expert &
Jun 26, 2018 - 5:59 AM in reply to Balli

Hi Balli,

I've only traveling on regular seats and quite enjoyed it. The VIP seats are a fun add-on if it works out - if not I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Balli
Balli
7 posts
Jun 26, 2018 - 7:22 PM in reply to Lucas

That make sense. Thank you.

Balli
Balli
7 posts
Jun 26, 2018 - 7:34 PM in reply to Balli

Should I reserve the regular first class seats on this route?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 27, 2018 - 2:00 AM in reply to Balli

>> Should I reserve the regular first class seats on this route?

Yes, reservations are recommended between Montreux and Zweisimmen, due to the popularity of this sector of the route, which has carriages with panoramic windows. You are also travelling at the height of the tourist season, so I would reserve your seats as soon as possible - although most people will probably be taking the earlier departures.

Alpenrose

Balli
Balli
7 posts
Jun 27, 2018 - 4:51 AM

Thank you everyone.

Balli
Balli
7 posts
Jun 28, 2018 - 4:07 PM

We will be arriving in interlaken late that evening. We are planning to head out to jungfrau the next morning. Could we purchase tickets to jungfraujoch at any swiss train station as I am worried interlaken ost might be close by the time we get there that evening.

My understanding is that the good morning tickets are cheaper, how much do they cost? Should I make the reservation now to the mountain for that morning or just buy tickets the night before after checking the weather?

I appreciate any advice.

Lucas
Lucas
8881 posts
expert &
Jun 29, 2018 - 5:50 AM in reply to Balli

Hi Balli,

Yes, any ticket can be bought at any rail station. Good Morning tickets from Interlaken Ost are 145chf.
I'd wait to check the weather in most cases. But if you are sure you going to go to Jungfraujoch that morning regardless then you could buy the ticket now.

Last modified on Jun 29, 2018 - 12:12 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018