Taking backpack on CERN tour?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2018 at 7:48:50 #818235

Hello

We will have a Cern guided tour, and have some questions:

1. I am wondering if we can have backpacks with us during this guided tour ( the size of backpack is about medium to large ). Besides, can we have food and water inside the backpack?

2. We have to complete the form online for our tour. When filling the form, I chose the United State (+1) for the phone part, and save the form. However, when I check back my form, I found the phone changed to Canada (+1). So I changed it to United States (+1) and save the form again. But when I checked back my form again, it was changed to Canada (+1) again… Is this an issue for our tour? Although Canada and United Sates have the same dialing code (+1).

Many thanks for your replies.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2018 at 15:51:12 #895717

Hi iliveinLA,

I’m not sure about regulations for backpacks – you’d best email them directly to ask. As for the dialing code, it is a weird system glitch indeed but won’t cause any problem. As you note the dialing code is the same.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    5 September 2018 at 20:43:34 #895718

I have done the tour, and if I remember well, they have a cloakroom where you can deposit your backpack.

• The thread ‘Taking backpack on CERN tour?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.