Visit Mt Rigi and Mt Pilatus in one day

Visit Mt Rigi and Mt Pilatus in one day

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Sue0609
Sue0609
4 posts
Apr 29, 2017 - 2:00 AM

Hi,

Any possibility to travel Mt Rigi and Golden Round trip to Mt Pilatus in 1 full day? I plan to visit Rigi then hop on boat again to Alpnachstad as to complete the journey of Pilatus Kulm? Or may be I could visit Mt pilatus then Mt Rigi .

Appreciate if you could give advice as how should I go about for the nice and pleasure trip. Hope you can be kind enough to suggest an itinerary .

How many hours is needed to cover both places , I can start journey as early as 8am but need to check on the boat schedule in Lucerne.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sue

Annika
Annika
4880 posts
expert &
Apr 29, 2017 - 7:54 PM

Hi Sue,

Yes, it's possible if you don't mind a long travel day. Both trips take about half a day, so if you don't spend hours at the top it's doable. It doesn't really matter whether you visit Rigi or Pilatus first. Note that there's not direct boat betweenVitznau (at the foot of the Rigi) and Alpnachtstad; you'll have to travel via Lucerne. These links will be convenient:

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017