Visit Mt Rigi and Mt Pilatus in one day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2017 at 2:00:48 #811594

Hi,

Any possibility to travel Mt Rigi and Golden Round trip to Mt Pilatus in 1 full day? I plan to visit Rigi then hop on boat again to Alpnachstad as to complete the journey of Pilatus Kulm? Or may be I could visit Mt pilatus then Mt Rigi .

Appreciate if you could give advice as how should I go about for the nice and pleasure trip. Hope you can be kind enough to suggest an itinerary .

How many hours is needed to cover both places , I can start journey as early as 8am but need to check on the boat schedule in Lucerne.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sue

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    29 April 2017 at 19:54:41 #862441

Hi Sue,

Yes, it’s possible if you don’t mind a long travel day. Both trips take about half a day, so if you don’t spend hours at the top it’s doable. It doesn’t really matter whether you visit Rigi or Pilatus first. Note that there’s not direct boat betweenVitznau (at the foot of the Rigi) and Alpnachtstad; you’ll have to travel via Lucerne. These links will be convenient:

• The thread ‘Visit Mt Rigi and Mt Pilatus in one day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.