Visit Rhine Falls and Stein Am Rhein from Zurich

• Shasukhy
    Participant
    18 posts
    7 July 2022 at 7:00:49 #827701

Hi all,

I got introduced to this forum about a month back and must acknowledge the wealth of information which I got for planning our trip to Switzerland. This includes booking of Swiss Travel Pass, panoramic trains seat reservations and places to visit. We are very excited to start our tour from 20th July when we arrive in Zurich.

I have a couple of questions and would appreciate your help in giving me clarity :-

1) We arrive in Zurich airport early morning by Swiss Air Business Class and I had read somewhere that Swiss Air has a Business class lounge upon arrival and after clearing customs, which offers shower facility and breakfast. Is that true and where can I get more information on this?

2) We wanted to do the Rhine Falls by train from Thalwil where we would be staying on 21st morning and cover the falls, rock boat ride. Are there any other activities to cover in the falls tour?

3) We would also like to do the Stein Am Rhein tour and wanted to understand if it is worth the travel? Or are there any other spots close to the falls, which we can cover before returning to Zurich by say 6:00 pm?

Would appreciate your help in answering the above?

Thanks,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2022 at 9:11:48 #944012

Hi Shasukhy,

I m glad that you’ve found useful information on our site. 🙂

I found this one for you regarding the lounge of Swiss Air: http://www.swiss.com/nl/en/fly/airport/lounges/lounges-zurich. If you need further information, you can contact your flight operator directly. Sorry, I have no expereince with the lounges. You can read more about the Zurich Airport here.

You can read bout the Rhine Falls and other attractions here: http://www.myswissalps.com/rhinefalls.

Stein Am Rhein is a beautiful small town, I recommend it.

Schaffhausen’s old town is also nice.

Take care,

Ildiko

• The thread ‘Visit Rhine Falls and Stein Am Rhein from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.