Visit Schiltorn with my 72-year old mom

• mkaligis
    Participant
    37 posts
    14 September 2018 at 6:24:00 #818349

I have plan to visit Schiltorn next month with my 72-year old mom, she’s in good condition now. Do you think this place is suitable for her started from stechelberg station until the top of Schiltorn ? what I mean is in terms of stairs, track or the weather. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2018 at 15:32:12 #896171

Hi mkaligis,

I think if she is healthy, with no physical issues then there won’t be a problem. Most mountain tops are quite easy to get around without using much, if any, stairs (that I’ve been to).

Weather of course is something you’ll have to wait on until the day of departure.

mkaligis
    Participant
    37 posts
    14 September 2018 at 15:40:02 #896172

thank you Lucas, yes the only problem now is weather. I’ll have been stechelberg at 10, do you think it’s best time and chance for good weather ? what time is it most likely cloudy ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2018 at 6:42:30 #896173

I really can’t say what time of day might be best for weather. Keep an eye on it the night before and morning that you want to go. Typically, a lot of people feel first thing in the morning is best – but you never know with weather.

mkaligis
    Participant
    37 posts
    15 September 2018 at 12:44:32 #896174

Hi Lucas,

the problem is we are staying in Basel. What if I see good weather in morning in Basel but it’s different in around Schilthorn ? check the weather forecast ?

secondly, I’m confused with attached website coupon. If I’m not wrong with this coupon I will have lunch and return tickets stechelberg – schilthorn for CHF 98 ? but meanwhile the ticket fare is chf 105 ? I have send email to them but no answer. do you know about this one ? I get the Autumn action coupon from schilthorn.ch/en/Info/ Offers

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2018 at 15:04:38 #896175

Yes, check the weather forecast for Schilthorn, not Basel. http://www.schilthorn.ch/

It is a new offer to me, but it sounds like a good deal for the trip and lunch. 🙂

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 September 2018 at 22:56:55 #896176

CHF15 off the fare and a free CHF30 lunch seems like a good deal. Pity you don’t have a Swiss Travel Pass. Schilthorn is free this year with that pass.

mkaligis
    Participant
    37 posts
    15 September 2018 at 23:44:54 #896177

Hi rockoyster,

Free all route around schilthorn including murren and birg ?

if yes, I’ll get new one then 🙂

mkaligis
    Participant
    37 posts
    15 September 2018 at 23:47:43 #896178

So it’s also new to you hehee. First time I found the coupon i was thinking “am i dreaming ??”

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 September 2018 at 8:01:06 #896179

Yes, Schilthorn is free with the Swiss Travel Pass. http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

If you want to see if the Swiss Travel Pass is best for your trip (overall as it depends on your daily itinerary) read through our page here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

• The thread ‘Visit Schiltorn with my 72-year old mom’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.