Visit to Zermatt and Glacier Express in July

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 5, 2017 - 7:47 PM

Hi

i am planning to visit Zermatt from interlaken on 13th of July early morning at 6 am to reach Zermatt early at 8 and after spending couple of hours there I would like to take glacier express.

Appreciate your support to know if I can do the same and how should I get glacier express from Zermatt and what is the appropriate time to catch this train

Regards

Rameen

SureshSrini
SureshSrini
48 posts
Apr 6, 2017 - 5:36 AM

Hi Rameen,

You will get the timetable for the Glacier Express (GEX) in the below link. (Click on the 'summer timetable' link at the bottom of the page.

www.glacierexpress.ch/ en/travel-planning/timetables/

The first train from Interlaken will drop you off in Zermatt at 8:14 (www.sbb.ch/en/timetabl e.html).

The last GEX to leave Zermatt is at 9:52, so you have less than 2 hours in Zermatt. And also, Not sure if its too early to do anything in Zermatt?

Be sure to see these pages, so that you don't miss out on any fun!

www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress

www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt

Will you come back to Interlaken the same evening? Ensure to check the timetables, for the last train back!

Suresh

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018