Visiting Gornergrat in November – timetable/ticket

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 October 2017 at 8:35:04 #813509

Hi

I will reach Zermatt on 14 Nov 2017 around 10am and is looking to take the cogwheel train to Gornergrat same time. I have checked out the online timetable but do not quite understand the timing.

1. Can I check what is the timing of the cogwheel train to Gornergrat at about 10am? and what is the last train from Gornergrat to Zermatt?

2. There are 4 stations along the route, what is the frequency of the train at each station?

3. Do i need to book the tickets in advance? I am using Swiss Travel pass.

Thanks!

Xiuqi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 October 2017 at 9:22:40 #870957

Hello Xiuqi,

1. See attached.

2. See fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/qu ery.exe/en

3. No.

fredch
    Participant
    57 posts
    16 October 2017 at 6:14:48 #870958

At that time of the year, they should be very glad to see you. The rail station to Gornergrat is right across the street from the main station, so you can buy a ticket for the next departure. Expect snow above. Hope you have good weather.

• The thread ‘Visiting Gornergrat in November – timetable/ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.