Visit Oeschinensee on Montreux to Thun trip?

Visit Oeschinensee on Montreux to Thun trip?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
InTransit
InTransit
15 posts
Aug 26, 2017 - 5:12 PM

Hi,

We have a fairly busy 9 day trip planned to Switzerland. Just came across this Oeschinensee and it looks really beautiful. Our base during the visit is Thun so wondering if we can visit this place when we return from Montreux? Is that possible?

Haven't heard much about this lake as a tourist place, should I consider skipping some other place to visit this if it is really good?

Thank you !

Arno
Arno
10357 posts
expert &
Aug 26, 2017 - 6:04 PM

Hi InTransit,

You can travel from Montreux to Brig, take the local train on the scenic route to Spiez and get off in Kandersteg to visit the Oeschinensee. The timetable helps you to check if this fits in your day. But I would not think so if this is a day trip from Thun to Montreux and back to Thun. That ride takes time and I'm sure you want to do things in Montreux too. The last ride down of the Oeschinensee cable car is 5 or 6 PM. It operates until October 22. It is a wonderful place, yes :-)

maggiehorswell
maggiehorswell
552 posts
top member
Aug 26, 2017 - 6:50 PM

HI Transit

We have been to Oeschinensee as a day trip from Thun a couple of times - very straightforward - but would not consider trying to visit Montreux on same day.

Maggie

InTransit
InTransit
15 posts
Aug 27, 2017 - 6:46 AM

Thank you Arno and Maggie!

Looks like I'll skip Oeschinensee then. Too many places to see, too few days available :) Better not to rush too many things.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018