Visiting Rhine Falls & traveling along the river

• Jen_Jen
    Participant
    11 posts
    15 August 2022 at 1:38:44 #828086

Greetings! Looking for recommendations for things to do on my way to the Southern Black Forest in Germany in mid-October. Will are flying into Zurich and will have 4 – 6 days to get to Mitteltal, in Baiersbronn Germany and we’re thinking about heading to Lucerne for a few days via train, then maybe up to the Rhine Falls and possibly traveling along the Rhine river (or around that general area) for a few days before taking the train up to the Baiersbronn area of Germany. Looking for recommendations of places to tour in the area. Maybe little river towns or villages? Small, peaceful, relaxing and beautiful is what we are looking for, along with great food, short hikes, and beautiful scenery.

A few years back folks on the forums recommended Sills Maria to me when I asked for recommendations when I took the train from Tirano to St. Moritz and that ended up being so incredible, and is my favorite place on the planet to this day, and it was a place I didn’t even know existed. I cannot wait to go back to The Sills! In the meantime, I’m hoping for some great recommendations around Lucerne as well as the Rhine Falls and/or other places along the boarder.

• The thread ‘Visiting Rhine Falls & traveling along the river’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.