Visiting Rigi from Lucerne, how to plan?

Visiting Rigi from Lucerne, how to plan?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sinsf2018
sinsf2018
4 posts
Apr 8, 2018 - 6:34 PM

I would like to visit Mount Rigi while staying in Lucerne and I have read the posts explaining the different modes of transportation needed, however, I am unclear if I need to purchase this as a package ie."Rigi Majestic Round Trip" or if I just buy individual tickets? If I do buy individual tickets, where to I find pricing for the boat and cable car portions of the trip?

I was thinking that I would be buying a half fare card to use during my travels, is this applicable to the package pricing?

Any help navigating this would be appreciated.

Lucas
Lucas
7125 posts
expert &
Apr 8, 2018 - 7:43 PM in reply to sinsf2018

Hi sinsf2018,

You can just buy one ticket for the whole route and use the Swiss Half Fare Card to get your discount.

The "Majestic Round-trip" (boat from Lucerne to Vitznau & cogwheel train to Rigi Kulm then the train to Arth-Goldau and change to Lucerne) isn't a package really as much as a marketing term I think....but tours I'm sure sell this as a package as well.

On the timetable you can enter Luzern to Rigi Via Vitznauand that will give you a ticket price and schedule for the boat to Vitznau and then the train to Rigi. You can then buy a ticket for the return in the same manner.

jenncanuck
jenncanuck
7 posts
Apr 9, 2018 - 12:08 AM in reply to Lucas

I have a related question-- I am hoping to do this same trip when we visit in June. I have Swiss rail passes for all of the members of my family. Do I need to reserve tickets in advance, or can we just show up to boats, cogwheel trains, etc.? I hope it's okay to piggyback on sinsf2018's post

1960man
1960man
370 posts
top member
Apr 9, 2018 - 12:24 AM

You don't need any reservations.

Tickets can be bought on demand. If in doubt just ask at the tourist office / railway booking office / your accomodation

June is less busy than July / August

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018