Visp or Brig for motorhome camping before Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2019 at 20:11:43 #821088

Hi there

Trying to choose between camping geschina in brigg or camping schwimmbad in visp.

Can anyone advise which one is easier to get a train? to Zermatt from? Wanting to stay on Sunday night.

Thanks for any help

Fiona

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    20 April 2019 at 13:48:12 #909834

Hi Fiona! Unfortunately I don’t know these campings. However, I’d say Visp is slightly easier. Visp is closer to Zermatt, and the camping you’re referring to (I assume it’s Mühleye, near the swimming pool?) can be reached on foot in about 15 minutes from the railway station of Visp. The camping in Brig takes about 20 minutes on foot from the Brig railway station.

Rail connections can be found through myswissalps.com/timeta ble.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2019 at 15:53:12 #909835

Thanks Annake. We have chosen Visp.

Fiona

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2019 at 23:06:46 #909836

I was in Visp for 2 weeks a few days ago and there a a couple of camp sites within walking distance of the station and/or other public transport stops.

• The thread ‘Visp or Brig for motorhome camping before Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.