Voralpen Express – a lesser known scenic train

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    30 July 2019 at 16:33:19 #918929

Thanks Rockoyster! I’m curious about the new trains. We enjoyed the route in the “old” trains this Spring. A lovely ride, and I’m sure the new rolling stock will add to the experience.

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    30 July 2019 at 22:04:50 #918930

Always good to see a reference to “lesser known” rail and public transport services in Switzerland.

I guess on here “lesser known” means anything other than the much discussed “famous” services that seem to attract the attention of the vast majority of people on here?

I rode the earlier Voralberg train to Arth Goldau in 2015 and am looking forward to, hopefully, riding one of the new trains on my 10 day “Tell Pass” itinerary next month.

I am always interested to read about the “lesser known” services on this forum.

Paul in Australia

• The thread ‘Voralpen Express – a lesser known scenic train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.