Walking boots sufficient for visit to Pilatus?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2020 at 17:24:36 #825383

Hello, I arrive in Lucerne tomorrow and plan to head straight to Kriens for the Mt Pilatus gondola. I will be wearing walking boots, do you think those will be sufficient or should I switch to snow boots to be on the safe side?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 March 2020 at 0:36:15 #931002

Should be OK. Unless you plan to deliberately look for some deep snow.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2020 at 8:53:09 #931003

Hello Susie new,

I also believe that walking boots will be enough for your visit to Mount Pilatus.
    http://www.myswissalps.com/pilatus

Find a webcam here:
    pilatus.roundshot.com/

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2020 at 9:19:30 #931004

Thanks team! On my way to Lucerne now 💜

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2020 at 9:23:11 #931005

You’re very welcome!!!

Enjoy Lucerne and, if needed, find more inspiration what you could do and see in the area below:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/lucerne
    http://www.myswissalps.com/lakelucerne

Best and above all – HAVE FUN! 🙂

Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2020 at 16:37:14 #931006

Thank you. Mt Pilatus was great and COLD. Looking forward to seeing the old town tomorrow and then Mt Rigi on Wednesday. I’ve had a fondue recommendation from someone on this forum so I have that in my sights tomorrow too 😉

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2020 at 18:09:00 #931007

Yummy, I LOVE fondue, especially in cold weather it’s the perfect warmer!!!!

Feel free to post a little “trip report” in the according forum section once you’ve finished your journey, in order to share your experiences with future travellers..of course not at all mandatory, but a lovely way of saying thank you to “the forum and it’s members!”.

But first enjoy Mount Rigi, your fondue and whatever more you’re going to explore..

Take care,
    Steph

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 March 2020 at 19:49:13 #931008

Hi Susinew-

<<“Mt Pilatus was great and COLD”>>

Not too surprising I guess. I did not check the weather when you were up there, but tomorrow, during the afternoon it looks like around -8 or -9 Celsius, ( around 15-17 F above zero , if you use Fahrenheit) with a strong breeze.

Stay warm. Those breezes can be nasty.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Walking boots sufficient for visit to Pilatus?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.