Walking and train from Montreux into Bern

• jackdebear
    Participant
    82 posts
    18 June 2018 at 18:28:43 #816731

I’ll be traveling from Montreux to Bern. I suppose it could be done in a day with and e-bike. I haven’t looked too far into that possibility. I expect it will come down to the train. I’ve been peering at maps trying to finger out where I might be able to get off the train leaving myself a 2 or 3 hour walk into Bern. I came into Bern before by bike from Biel. There was a nice wooded area on the outskirts that would have been pleasant to walk. I don’t see any likely approaches coming from Montreux. Perhaps there is something in between where I could get off the rails and walk awhile before getting back on. Maps don’t often make train routes and stations obvious. SSB schedules don’t fill in blanks if you don’t know the small stations best I can tell. ‘Preciate any advice.

• The thread ‘Walking and train from Montreux into Bern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.