Walking and train from Montreux into Bern

Walking and train from Montreux into Bern

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
jackdebear
jackdebear
58 posts
Jun 18, 2018 - 6:28 PM

I'll be traveling from Montreux to Bern. I suppose it could be done in a day with and e-bike. I haven't looked too far into that possibility. I expect it will come down to the train. I've been peering at maps trying to finger out where I might be able to get off the train leaving myself a 2 or 3 hour walk into Bern. I came into Bern before by bike from Biel. There was a nice wooded area on the outskirts that would have been pleasant to walk. I don't see any likely approaches coming from Montreux. Perhaps there is something in between where I could get off the rails and walk awhile before getting back on. Maps don't often make train routes and stations obvious. SSB schedules don't fill in blanks if you don't know the small stations best I can tell. 'Preciate any advice.

Arno
Arno
11170 posts
expert &
Jun 18, 2018 - 8:05 PM

Hi Jack,

A walk in the area of the medieval town of Gruyères might be nice if you haven't been there before. Here's a map with hiking trails and train stops:

map.schweizmobil.ch/?lang=de&land=wanderlan d&route=all&bgLayer=pk &layers=Train%2CWander land&season=summer&res olution=10.54&E=257263 1&N=1159523

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018