Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Walking the Terraces Lavaux

Walking the Terraces Lavaux

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Stephanielau
Stephanielau
5 posts
Mar 16, 2020 - 1:08 AM

We'd like to spend a day walking through the vineyards of les Terraces Lavaux. Any recommendations for a good route and where to stop along the way? Should we start in Cully and end in St. Saphorin? Nice place for lunch with a view? And wine tasting--do we need appointments or can we just stop in at any wine cellar? We will be staying in Lausanne so assume best way to get there is to take the train, especially since we will be ending at a different place from where we are starting.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
7496 posts
expert
Peterli
Peterli
1192 posts
top member
Mar 17, 2020 - 3:52 AM in reply to Stephanielau

Hello Stephanie,

You did not mention in your post when you are thinking of walking through the Lavaux vinyards. All I can say is that you will have plenty of time to research this as right now Switzerland is basically closed to tourists, and nobody knows how long this will go on. This is NOT the time to be visiting Switzerland. Anybody considering a visit at this time has to be out of his/her mind. I suggest you stay tuned to the situation in Switzerland, and be prepared to be patient. If you understand French, or can read you might find the March 16 7:30 PM news from RTS interesting: www.rts.ch/play/tv/19h30/video/19h30?id=11169142 Even if you don't speak or read French, the video is very revealing of just how serious things are.

Victoria
Victoria
58 posts
Mar 17, 2020 - 9:58 AM in reply to Peterli

Anybody considering a visit at this time has to be out of his/her mind.

Applies to anyone contemplating non-essential international travel I would say,

Peterli
Peterli
1192 posts
top member
Mar 17, 2020 - 12:15 PM in reply to Victoria

I agree 110%. In fact, I would even extend this to non-essential domestic travel.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020