Exchange a 4 day for a 8 day Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2018 at 18:09:43 #816986

Can I do that when i get to Switzerland?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 1:35:31 #889836

As far as I know, it wouldn’t be an exchange as such, but a cancellation of your 4-day Swiss Travel Pass and purchase of an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass.

For the cancellation, you will usually only get a refund of 85%, but it would still be cheaper to do this and get an 8-day pass rather than getting an additional 4-day pass.

I can’t say for sure, but I would expect that only the company that issued your 4-day Swiss Travel Pass would provide you with a refund.

You could buy your new 8-day Swiss Travel Pass in Switzerland at any staffed railway station (or from the same place you bought your 4-day pass).

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 3:12:24 #889837

Thanks!! We bought it from the SBB website which I assume is the official place to buy it. I was hoping they will just exchange it for a 8 day as that is 130 Swiss Francs more so no refund is needed. I will ask when i get to Zurich. Assuming the station at Zurich airport will have staff on site to help?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 6:37:42 #889838

Hi KunalK,

Yes, there is an office at Zurich airport and they can help you with this problem. Let us know what they were able to do for you!

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 July 2018 at 9:29:50 #889839

Hi KunalK!

It may work if you ask for a refund/change once you’re in Switzerland, but I’m not entirely sure. The official SBB webshop for tourists is https://shop.switzerla ndtravelcentre.com. Did you buy your Swiss Travel Pass there? In that case it’s best to look into their rules. Normally they’d provide a 85% refund for non-used passes, but they may want you to arrange for this before the first day of validity of your pass. So getting it done if you’re already there might be too late, if that’s the start date of your current 4 day pass as well. I suggest you contact your reseller to make sure. Contact details of the SBB tourist webshop (assuming you got your pass from them) are at https://www.myswissalp s.com/aboutus/partners /sbb.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 14:13:02 #889840

Thanks Annika. I bought my pass from this website – http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.htm l

My current 4 day pass starts the day AFTER we reach Switzerland so i thought i will have the chance to make the switch on the day I reach there.

• The thread ‘Exchange a 4 day for a 8 day Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.