We are two INDIAN Colleagues travelling to France for some official event and decided to break our journey in Zurich for 3-4 days to enjoy Swiss Scenic Beauty.
We would land in Zurich on 19th Jan 07:00 am and will take a flight back on 22nd Jan at 15.00 hrs from Zurich (That gives us three and half days to explore Swiss)
We are keen upon exploring the scenic beauty, Swiss culture & if possible may be some village life experience........ However we really worried about the weather & how our body would react to extreme cold temperature at mountain picks... As we are not much exposed to cold temperatures being from Mumbai, India....
Since we are further going for an official event, we would like play safe.... and request you to suggest places where in temperatures are not extreme….
After initial homework, I could think about following broad plan (May be you can help us in micro detailing the same and also advise the budget stay locations):
19th Jan - 7.00 am : Zurich to Lucerne
- Pls advise how we can combine the lake boat ride & Mt. Rigi (Hope both are included in Swiss travel pass & no extra charge ???)
- Swiss Transport Museum.: The entry fee to this museum is reduces to 15 Euros from 4 pm to 6 pm .
- Overnight stay at some budget hotel… pls suggest name
Option 1: Lucerne to Grindelwald – Mannlichen – Wengen & stay at Grindelwald
Option 2: Lucerne to Grindelwald - Murren – Schilthorn & Stay at Interlaken
- Lucerne to Interlaken Ost by scenic Golden Pass Train route( pls confirm its included in Travel Pass)
- Request you to please advice extra cost other than Travel pass for both the options
- Please suggest the best option considering winter weather
- We can also think about Titlis but again cost and weather condition???
21st Jan- Interlaken Ost – Zweisimmen - Montreux
Option 1 : stay in Montreux after some sightseeing in Zweisimmen & Montreux
Option 2 : Go ahead to Geneva and spend night there & go clubbing
Option 3 : Travel back to Zurich same evening and spend next half day in Zurich for local city walk
22nd Jan : Zurich - Flight to France at 15.00 hrs
I am flexible with my plan and will change my itinerary based on your suggestion.....Look forward for your advice in this regards....
Thank you in advance..