Want to plan my trip in Switzerland .

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2012 at 0:54:23 #805638

Hello forum,
    I am taking my mom and sister to Switzerland for the first time.
    12th oct-Reaching to Zurich airport on 12th oct evening.Travelling to Lucerne.overnight stay in lucerne.I have already booked my stay in Lucerne from 12th oct to 15th oct.
    13th oct-not planned.please advice.
    14th oct-not planned.please advice.
    15thoct-should I go to Paris on 15th oct and come back to Zurich on 17th oct because I have booked my hotel in Zurich from 17th oct 2012 to 19thoct 2012.please advice.
    I am confused on which rail pass I should buy.does the rail pass cover tram travelling.
    Also can you please tell me the the overall budget for the travelling and visiting charges of the places.
    I have got a schengan visa from India.so do you think Paris is a good idea or should I not go to Paris and rather visit other places in Switzerland.
    Thankyou in advance.
    Deepa.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2012 at 13:51:14 #837284

Hello
    Forum,

I am really waiting for your reply…..

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 September 2012 at 10:17:51 #837285

Hello Deepa! Don’t worry, all questions will be answered here within a few days.

Personally, I’d focus on Switzerland if I were you. It’s a rather short stay and there’s so much to enjoy within Switzerland, that you won’t get bored there. Which trips are best, really depends on your personal preferences. If you’re especially interested in the Alps, you can consider a few days in Lucerne and a few days in or near Interlaken. Lots of highlights can be visited here; the lakes, Rigi, Titlis, Pilatus, the Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, and so on. You can start off with browsing the forum and taking a look at this day trip overview.

As for rail passes: that too depends on your final travel schedule. If you plan to travel quite a lot, the 2 for 1 deal on the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass may be the best deal. Prices for rail passes are listed on the detail pages of each pass in the reseller overviews. Just fill out your data for up to date prices. Here‘s how to find out about regular transportation prices.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2012 at 8:23:45 #837286

Hello Annika,
    The suggestion from you was a great help for me to decide where I should go..
    I would only like to visit 2 mountain region because I have one senior member with me.rest all the places which you have suggested look amazing in the pictures.also falls and lakes will do. I agree with you and I have made up my mind of roaming within Switzerland.I am not sure about which rail pass I sould buy for myself,sister and mom.i have a very limited budget with me.pls suggest me a pass which I can use it for most of the attraction places also.if not then what will be the cost.
    Can you please suggest me accordingly where I should visit.
    Day 1(oct 12th)-arrival in Zurich.travel to Lucerne.overnight stay in Lucerne.
    Day 2(oct 13th)-not planned.pls advice.
    Day 3(oct 14th)-not planned.pls advice.
    Day 4(oct 15th)-checking out of Lucerne hotel and travelling to interlaken.not planned for rest of the day.pls advice.
    Day 5(oct 16th)-not planned.pls advice.
    Day 6(oct 17th)-checking out of interlaken hotel and travelling to Zurich.visiting Zurich lake and planning to do a boat trip.does the boat ride ticket covers under rail pass.
    Day 7(oct 18th)-visiting the fall which is in Zurich.rest of the day not yet panned.pls advice.
    Day 8(oct 19th)-pls advice some half day trip.in the evening going to the Zurich airport.
    Thank you in advance.
    Deepa

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2012 at 15:00:57 #837287

Dear
    I would first finish Switzerland first and then go to Paris. If you buy Swiss saver pass by online you can do any amount of travelling by train, bus and boats for few days. Mu humble advise would be to buy a swiss saver pass and finish Switzerland and then proceed to Paris.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2012 at 4:32:07 #837288

Hello forum,
    I am not planning to go to Paris..pls advice the days which I have requested and written”not planned,please advice”.in my above message.again thanks a lot for the advice over Swiss saver pass.will I be able to take Swiss saver pass after I arrive in Zurich or do I have to purchase from here before hand.
    Regards,
    Deepa.

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 September 2012 at 6:42:16 #837289

Hi Deepa,

Annika provided lots of suggestions and links to pages with even more suggestions. Please take a look at that and you’ll find plenty of options for those days. I would recommend to include the Rigi. It’s beautiful and included for free in the Swiss Pass, so that helps to fit everything into your budget. I don’t know which fall in Zurich you want to visit. I don’t know of any waterfall there.

All pass purchase options can be found on the Swiss Flexi Pass page and Swiss Pass page, including all details such as shipping. You can easily pick your preferred point of sale from there. You could use two of the 4-day 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Passes to cover your 8-day stay. One 4-day 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be an option as well once you know exactly what trips you intend to make. You can calculate what’s the cheapest option.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2012 at 10:08:04 #837290

Hello Anika,
    Thankyou so much for your guidance.i will surely look over all the links which you have send it to me earlier.just one more information that I wanted was,can I purchase “Swiss flexi pass”,”Swiss pass”after I arrive in Zurich or do I have to buy it online.i am asking this question because it’s only 12days left for me to start my trip.and I am afraid if I purchase the pass online and I don’t receive on time.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Deepa.

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 September 2012 at 11:32:38 #837291

Hi Deepa,

Please just take a look at the overview of purchase options I referred to in my previous post. All options, both online and in Switzerland, are listed there. Delivery times are explained in detail as well. Did you check that out? It provides all the information you need to decide where you can best buy. Buying in Zurich is one of the options. Another option is to have your passes sent to your hotel via swissrailways.com for just CHF 6 shipping. But again, it’s all listed there, so you can best review it yourself and make your choice fully informed.

I hope this clarifies things!

• The thread ‘Want to plan my trip in Switzerland .’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.