Waterfalls

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2010 at 9:18:57 #803773

hi, I’m trying to make a schedule with lots of waterfalls. 5 days to spend in switserland next fall. what waterfalls should I visit? How can I combine this with the travelling? don’t need to stay in 1 region, thank for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    13 April 2010 at 7:04:29 #831094

Hello water3junk,

I’m not an expert on Swiss waterfalls, but in the Bernese Oberland I would recommend:
    – the waterfalls in the valley of Lauterbrunnen: Staubbachfall (near Lauterbrunnen), the Mürrenbachfall (near Stechelberg) and the spectaculair Trümmelbachfälle
    – the Engstligenfälle (near Adelboden)
    – the Reichenbachfall (near Meiringen)

And calling yourself water3junk, maybe you wouldn’l like to miss the Aareschlucht (also near Meiringen). This is a beautiful and at some places narrrow gorge of the river Aare. There is just a small waterfall to be seen in the gorge.

Good luck!

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    13 April 2010 at 7:20:13 #831095

[quote]water3junk said: hi, I’m trying to make a schedule with lots of waterfalls. 5 days to spend in switserland next fall. what waterfalls should I visit? How can I combine this with the travelling? don’t need to stay in 1 region, thank for your help.[/quote]Hello Water3Junk, can you be more specific about which parts of Switzerland you are going to visit? That would make it a bit easier to give tips!

Olga

Annika
    7116 posts
    13 April 2010 at 11:31:24 #831096

Dear water3junk,

Wandermann already indicated that there are lots of waterfalls in the Bernese Oberland. If you want to limit your travel time and travel costs, you could spend (part of) your holiday there. To the waterfalls that Wandermann listed, I can add these:

– the Giessbach falls on the south bank of lake Brienz;
    – the Iffig falls and the Simmen falls close to Lenk (near Adelboden);
    – the Reichenbach falls at Meiringen;

You may be interested in the Beatus caves as well. Although they are not in fact waterfalls, these caves within the rocky slopes above lake Thun are very interesting.

Of course there are waterfalls in other parts of the country as well. Do you have a specific region in mind?

You can plan your trips using the online timetable. Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2010 at 13:23:24 #831097

hi thanks for your helpful replies. Olga, I don’t have one region in mind, it all depends on the waterfalls. seeing all possibilities in the bernese oberland I think I should visit that area, I didn’t know there are so many of them, it will be a great trip this way. thanks again

• The thread ‘Waterfalls’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.