We did a 4-day trip to Interlaken in October

• Finie79
    Participant
    5 posts
    7 November 2022 at 9:41:26 #828602

Hello everyone,

I am very glad to share that I had a blast for the 4-days trip to Switzerland. After a few months of research and info sharing from this website, my short stay at Interlaken was a superb. Thanks to all of you 😍.

In 4 days, I was able to cover almost the whole area of Jungfrau with the Top of Europe pass. Frankly speaking, 4 days is just not enough….will definitely come back for a longer stay and definitely to plan for short hiking.

Day 1: Reached Interlaken from Zurich at 1.30pm and directly headed to Lauterbrunnen and hiked up to Staubbach falls. Superb view!

Day 2: Headed to Jungfraujoch early in the morning – no queue, no seat reservation required and had a great view at the top (it was forecasted as cloudy but very clear in that early morning….thank god! 😃). Spent 2.5 hours at the top and headed straight to Grindelwald First…another amazing view. I would say, the whole trip (train, cable car) to the top of Jungfraujoch and Grindelwald First was majestic. I had to keep my eyes open as wide as possible.

Day 3: Lake Blausee in the rainy morning (sigh..) but still able to capture the scenic view although not as superb as during the sunny day ☹️. Next destination was Klein Sheidegg via Lauterbrunnen and after that a short stop at Wengen and directly heading to Harder Kulm. What a day 😃!

Day 4: Checkout from the apartment and take a boat ride from Interlaken to Brienz and took a train ride from Brienz back to Interlaken. After a quick shopping at Interlaken, we headed to Zurich before flying back home.

It was the best trip ever and definitely we will plan to come back for more exploration in the picturesque valley. Very, very recommended and please make a plan for a longer stay. 4 days are definitely not enough 😅.

sharifah

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    7 November 2022 at 18:59:37 #948184

Hi sharifah,

Thank you for sharing your travel experience. So glad to know you had a wonderful time in Switzerland. Indeed 4 days is too short and we hope you’ll come back and stay a bit longer 🙂

Also, thank you for posting all the photos.

Regards,

Anna

Mark
    Participant
    794 posts
    7 November 2022 at 21:30:58 #948185

Hi Sharifah

I enjoyed your trip report and photos. And glad you had a nice although short stay.

Mark

• The thread ‘We did a 4-day trip to Interlaken in October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.