3 days between Zurich, Neuchatel in Dec

• Nwenning1
    Participant
    23 posts
    20 September 2019 at 11:47:09 #823926

We land in Zurich on 14 December and spend 2 days with our son. We need to be in Neuchatel by noon on 19 December. Trying to figure out what to do starting on the morning of 16 December! After leaving Neuchatel we will spend a few days in Crans-Montana.

We have been to these areas – Lucerne, Interlaken and Bern in the past.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

gramels
    Participant
    80 posts
    20 September 2019 at 15:34:04 #922424

You could consider to stay 2-4 days at Mount Rigi, eg in Vitznau and explore from there Lucerne as well as the mountain. From the car free area Mittlerschwanden (part of Vitznau) you can take the train to the top as well as get quickly to Vitznau and explore Lucerne and the lake by boat.

Nwenning1
    Participant
    23 posts
    20 September 2019 at 15:56:13 #922425

Thank you but we have already been to Lucerne area and Mount Rigi

pvonk
    Participant
    383 posts
    20 September 2019 at 16:21:20 #922426

How can we possibly help you without knowing your likes and dislikes?

Nwenning1
    Participant
    23 posts
    20 September 2019 at 18:34:08 #922427

Sorry pvonk I didn’t think of that. We like to walk around, love historical sites, see beautiful scenery (of course all of Switzerland is beautiful). Since we’re going to a ski resort at the end of our trip we’re not interested in doing snow activity before. Honestly, I really don’t know what interests I have in December. I live in Texas where it’s warm even in December. BUT we are active and game to see try many things

Anna
    6382 posts
    21 September 2019 at 10:19:44 #922428

Hi Nwennings1,

Since your trip is in December, you should definitely check out the Christmas markets!

http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/christmasmark ets

And Neuchatel is also a great base to explore the French-side of Switzerland such as Montreux or Lausanne.

http://www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux
    http://www.myswissalps.com/la usanne

Regards,
    Anna

Nwenning1
    Participant
    23 posts
    21 September 2019 at 11:23:16 #922429

Thank you so much Anna. I didn’t even think of making our base Neuchatel, it seems so obvious now and it would be so EASY with luggage. I see Gruyere is rather close to Montreux so we can check it out as well.

Again, Thanks!

• The thread ‘3 days between Zurich, Neuchatel in Dec’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.