Gornergrat-Grindelwald-Lucerne, car trip in May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2019 at 6:59:46 #821071

We are travelling to Switzerland by car from Stressa in Italy. Our car is a 4 wheel drive.

We also have 2 Swiss half fare cards. We are from Australia, in our late 50’s but reasonably fit.

We are planning to drive directly to Tasch as we are staying at 3100 Kulmhotel Gornergrat from 9th-11th May. Can you suggest best place to park the hire car in Tasch please?

We are driving from Tasch to Interlaken on 11th May and I was hoping to drive through the Grimselpass, do you think it will be open then?

If it is closed I will drive the long way and not take the train as I will miss to much scenery.

I have a Swiss motorway vignette but does it cover roadway tolls?

IF not are they payable by credit card at the time or only by cash?

We will stay in Interlaken from 11th – 13th May. Can you suggest any nice day trips by car or ferry or train from here?

We will then drive to Grindelwald and base ourselves there from 13th – 20th May.

Will we be able to visit the areas main attractions at this time of the year? I have just noticed that some transport modes will not be working at this time of the year. Is it possible to see lift or cog rail time tables?

Can anyone recommend any great Swiss restaurants in this area please?

We will drive to Luzern and stay there from 19th – 23rd May.

Can anyone suggest any great day trips in this area please?

Can you also suggest any great authentic Swiss restaurants in this area?

Thanking you all in advance

Glenn

• The thread ‘Gornergrat-Grindelwald-Lucerne, car trip in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.