Swiss Travel Pass for Golden Pass route?

Swiss Travel Pass for Golden Pass route?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Anky1978
Anky1978
22 posts
May 23, 2017 - 4:27 AM

Dear All

Please Confirm weather Golden pass train from Lucerne to Montreal is covered with Swiss Travel pass or not?

If yes does i have to make reservation for that train? How should i make that reservation?

can i do reservation at Lucerne Station or online from India also?

Please Advise.

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
3639 posts
expert &
May 23, 2017 - 9:02 AM in reply to Anky1978

Yes, it is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

You can read about the Golden Pass route here, and also make reservations online here. Reservations are not required but the train can get busy so I might recommend reservations.

Lucas

Anky1978
Anky1978
22 posts
May 26, 2017 - 5:53 PM

Dear Lucas.

As you advise about the reservation in Golden Pass Train, can you advise the procedure of the reservation , i am having Swiss Travel Pass already.

Is this is the link from which i can make reservation?

www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /panoramic-trains

and after the reservation i can go and board the Golden Pass Train from Lucerne to Montreux?

Thanks

Ankur Nangia

Arno
Arno
9748 posts
expert &
May 27, 2017 - 8:12 AM in reply to Anky1978

Hi Ankur,

That link gets you the reservation for the Zweisimmen to Montreux leg, which is the leg where reservations are recommended (not required). You don't need reservations for the rest of the trip.

Anky1978
Anky1978
22 posts
May 27, 2017 - 9:01 AM

Thanks Arno.

a. Ok so can i also reserve seats from Zweisimmen to Montreux leg?

b. Please Also advise, is it feasibeale to Travel From Lucerne to Montreux in a day and back on same day?

Also I want to visit Monterux for 2 hours between the train journeys? Possible or Not?

Please advise.

Thanks

Annika
Annika
4880 posts
expert &
May 27, 2017 - 3:49 PM in reply to Anky1978

Hi Ankur,

Yes, you can reserve seats between Zweisimmen and Montreux through the link mentioned above. You can travel from Lucerne to Montreux and return in one day, although it will be a long day. You can travel back using the quicker route via Lausanne and Bern: that will save some time. This route is displayed in the timetable by default if you don't enter Zweisimmen, Gstaad and/or Interlaken as via-stations. Yes, a 2 hour visit to Montreux is doable. It all depends on how late you want to get back to Lucerne.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018