Weather in Lauterbrunnen – rain every day?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2018 at 15:21:22 #817235

Hello,

I will be coming to Lauterbrunnen and the area next week (Sunday through Thursday). The forecast looks like rain everyday. Is this accurate? How do I plan around this? I really wanted to paraglide and see the top of Europe!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 July 2018 at 17:37:35 #891169

Hi Jrmaronek,

Please see here for good weather forecast links: http://www.myswissalps.com/we ather/forecast. It currently says rain every day from Sunday to Tuesday, but only part of the day. That’s quite normal in the Alps in summer. Whether in reality this is only a bit of rain after 6 PM or most of the afternoon is too early to tell. Actually only the next day forecast can be relied on, and even that can change the last minute.

It rarely rains all day long. If it does, you can find bad weather activities here on our Lauterbrunnen page: http://www.myswissalps.com/la uterbrunnen. If it only rains part of the day you can usually still do outdoor activities for many hours. Often in the morning until midday or mid afternoon.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2018 at 20:43:13 #891170

Does this affect the visibility in the mountains?

Thank you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2018 at 7:45:00 #891171

Hi jrmaronek,

You should be fine if you get good weather in the morning or early afternoon. Visibility shouldn’t be much affected no.

• The thread ‘Weather in Lauterbrunnen – rain every day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.